Saturday, May 12, 2012

Examining fear of being alone

So now I am listening to the track about "Overcoming the Fear of Being Alone."

It was funny, maybe I was imagining it, but I think this track made me really freak out and start shaking.

I have such an intense primal fear of being alone, probably from when I was a baby. I realized earlier today that I find it very, very easy to sound convincing if I say "I'm a baby," but I don't sound convincing when I say "I'm an adult."

I think I had enough trauma as a baby that I'm still stuck there and part of me thinks I'm still in that state where I'm not competent to do much for others.

Listening to this track I guess I realize that while being alone is very dangerous for babies, it's not dangerous for me in my 20s. (This actually comes as a big surprise for me!)

Has anything bad ever happened to me because of being alone? Well, some social stimulation deprivation, but that's to be expected, just the same as if you didn't eat enough food and felt hungry. But beyond that, there hasn't been anything too dangerous about being alone. I haven't been eaten by wild animals, for example.

- - -

No comments:

Post a Comment